Are you an energetic, hands-on leader who enjoys working with
The Manitoba Youth Job Centre (MYJC) program is accepting resumes for the summer position as Youth Engagement Leader for the Town of Arborg and surrounding area. This position provides 15 weeks of full-time employment (early May to mid-August) at $12.77/hour
Working for the MYJC, you will:
· Establish a local youth employment office in your community;
· Promote the MYJC program and services through community visits, advertising and presentations;
· Operate an employment referral program for students and youth and local employers;
· Deliver hands-on, dynamic information sessions on job search, career development and employability skills through classroom presentations and in-person sessions;
· Provide information and access to other government and community programs;
· Organize and operate youth first-work experience programs in the community.
All applicants must:
· be available to start employment the second week of May in order to attend a paid,
three-day training session in Winnipeg (accommodations, meals, and
· be a student currently attending a post-secondary institution and planning to return to studies in the fall of 2018;
· be a resident of Manitoba;
· have a valid driver's licence and access to a vehicle;
· be registered with STEP Services.
Please note, offers of employment will be contingent upon submission of satisfactory Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks
Interested applicants can submit a resume prior to February 28, 2018 to:
Youth Engagement Leader Position
c/o Town of Arborg
PO Box 159, Arborg MB R0C 0A0
We thank all applicants, however only those considered for the interview process will be contacted.